Being a mom of a toddler is a roller coaster ride; running behind them is a regular scene in any toddler household. But the real challenge comes when we moms are running with a food plate. These kids won’t settle easily for any food, and we mom won’t settle for anything less than healthy. The struggle is on-going and will continue always. To make this struggle little easy I have come up with below recipes. Why these recipes? To which my answer is these are easy to make, healthy and extremely good to look at. So, all in all, we moms have a win-win situation. So here go the recipes.
These bites are easy peasy treats to our little ones, easy to make and fun to eat.
- 2 cups Greek-style yogurt
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup red sauce ( similar to the one used I red sauce pasta or pizza base )
- 3 cups mozzarella/regular Amul cheese, grated
- Vegetables of choice, diced small, preferably capsicum, onion, carrots etc.
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs and spices blend
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt and self-rising flour and mix until a ball forms.Overnight hang a curd, then use it for such bases, it will give the dough a good rise.
- Roll the dough into a large rectangle of even thickness using a rolling pin.
- Spread tomato sauce evenly over the entire dough surface.
- Sprinkle vegetables and 2 cups of cheese all over the tomato sauce.
- Shake over the Italian herbs.
- Roll the dough into a log, starting at the short side. Slice into 2cm pieces and place cut side up on tray.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until golden.
BANANA MUFFIN WITH WALNUT CRUMBLE
- 1 ½ cup wheat flour ( can be replaced with all-purpose flour or any gluten-free flour )
- 1/4th teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/4th tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil ( can use butter too )
- ½ cup honey ( coconut sugar, maple syrup, regular sugar can be used )
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt ( overnight hang a curd )
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk of choice (skim, soy, almond, coconut, etc)
For walnut topping – mix small bites of walnuts with oil and sugar grains.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together
- In a separate bowl mix bananas, melted butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, greek yogurt, egg. Stir banana mixture into the flour mixture just until combined and add the milk. Batter will be thick. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full.
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar, flour, walnuts, and cinnamon
- Cut in 1-2 tablespoons of butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the muffins.
- . Place into the oven and bake for 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of muffins comes out clean
I hope you moms try it and like it too. Have a look at the beautiful pics of these recipes on my instagram handle @paper_planes_life
We 40 Mom Bloggers are here with some amazing Baby & Toddler Food Ideas just for you.
This is a month-long blog train. Stay tuned for some very healthy and yummy recipes every day.
I would like to invite Ankita from @momtoamunchkin to share her recipe.